Monday, April 6, 2009

Inability to Control Creativity

The random act of creative inspiration is beautiful. I welcome it whenever it graces its presence. The only problem is that I can't control when it shows up or when it goes away. Today as I was sitting in class I couldn't help it, my professor and fellow classmates would simply have to be ignored. I entered my own world, it wasn't that class isn't interesting enough or that I wanted to be alone. The only reason for my isolation was that the unstoppable force of my creative mind took the reigns. I could do nothing but enjoy the ride and accept the fact that my classes would fall between the cracks on this particular day. It was of no worry though, the material had little importance in the grand scheme of things on this day.

A dreary and rainy day. In fact now that I think about it, my creative mind likes to come out and play quite a bit on rainy days. I was inspired by a few things, one being the rain, the second being that there is a poetry contest on campus today, the third being that many people I know seem to be writing poems lately, and finally the forth being that I have neglected to write poetry for some time now. As you may have guessed, I wrote a poem. It does happen to be about the rain but it remains unfinished, four drafts deep now. I will complete it later, but when is a poem ever really complete anyway. We simply find a good place to end the flow of masterfully combined phrases, words, and grammar.

Don't ignore creative inspirations, they come for a reason. For me, a shining light in a dreadful day. For you, maybe the same, but who really knows. Allow yourself to be carried away, it's more than okay. It is our creative minds that make this world livable.

May inspiration come your way,
J.F.Q.

1 comments:

Diane KQ said...

Aaaah....that's my boy! The world should let the creative 'play' more...red tape, paperwork and requirements seem to trump that idea all too often...of course, we've all gotta' eat...and pay tuition!...but I'd love to read your poem!